Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clothes Line in your House

So, I have never been a "hang your clothes out on the clothes line because they come back in smelling oh so good" girl.  Nope.  My grandparents always did.  I hated how stiff my clothes felt (we never threw the clothes back in the dryer to soften them, don't know why).  I would cringe would my grandmother would bring the clothes in the house, knowing how much I as going to dislike that feeling of super stiff clothes.


Me personally, now that I am and adult, I don't want a bird pooping on them.  I just washed them, I don't want to wash them again.  Plus, there is snow on the ground right now.  Not exactly the perfection situation for hanging clothes outside, right?  :-)


So, we came up with another idea.......






We found these at Wal-Mart.  We had to do "site-to-store" to get them.  We could not find them in the store.  I am giving you the link for 2 different ones.  They look different than mine, so I hope they are as durable as mine.  


1.  This one is 20 feet. Choice 1.
2.  This one is 40 feet Choice 2.

Just make sure you lock the rope in well, making it as tight as you can, otherwise you will hang your clothes and they will touch the floor instead of staying up in the air like they should.  


Initially we bought one clothes line.  After hanging it and using it I decided I needed a second one.  :-)  I LOVE my indoor clothes line.  It saves us money when it comes to time our clothes spend in the dryer and if you are like us and have a lot of clothes we like to air dry, this method eliminates the 20 pieces of clothing lying all over the house.


Note:  I have found that if I place my clothes in the dryer on 5 minutes dry and 5 minutes cool and then hang them on the line they are not stiff.  Or you can hang them straight from the washer and toss them in the dryer on air fluff if they are stiff. 


(Additional side note: now that I am making my own Homemade Laundry Detergent my clothes are not as stiff as they used to be in the first place.  I have read that most commercial laundry detergent and softener stay behind in your clothes deteriorating them and making them stiff.)


Happy clothes line and clothes hanging!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews