Sunday, March 2, 2014

Homemade Shower Gel (sorta)

I made shower gel the other day (sorta) and it was so simple I had to share. :-)  I say "sorta" because I didn't make the actual shower gel.  Whole Foods gets credit for that, I just jazzed it up a bit.  :-)

I went to Whole Foods and bought a big bottle of their unscented shower gel.  $4.99 for 32 fl oz.

This time was a trial run in my mind, so I only filled my 16 oz glass bottle 1/2 full with the 365 shower gel and then I added 15-20 drops of doTERRA Citrus Bliss essential oil blend and swirled it around to mix the oil with the shower gel.  I bought the 16 oz amber glass bottle and lotion type pump from here.

This made a FABULOUS, easy and inexpensive shower gel!!!  

Add a cute little waterproof label and cover the label in clear packaging tape (so the writing doesn't run in the shower).

(I am still in a testing time frame with the label.  I bought waterproof labels and used a black sharpie, which is supposed to be waterproof to make the label shown below.  The words on the label did not survive the shower.  So, that is why I suggest adding a piece of clear plastic packaging tape over the top of the handwritten label to see if that helps.  If not, the labels from my label maker are waterproof.  Not near as cute but will work.)

If you have any questions message me or click here.  The company that begins with "do" essential oils are the absolute best in my opinion!  I will NOT use or recommend any other brand.

I picked Citrus Bliss because it smells AWESOME and it brings peace and happiness to the mind and body and joy to the heart, promotes energy and is soothing .  I thought that would be a great way to start the day.  :-)


Happy Oiling!!



Happy Oiling!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews