About Me

My photo
My passion it to be healthy. And to teach you how to be healthy. Open your mind and dive in.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Sourdough

Sourdough.  Sourdough starter.  Sourdough bread.

For some reason sourdough mesmerizes me.  It stumps me.  It challenges me.  I am not yet obsessed.  But I would say I am close.  :-)

I tried sourdough a while back with freshly ground rye.  The starter looked and smelled wonderful, but the bread, was, well bleck.  So, I want to try this adventure again.

So......

Today is day 1 of trying this Sourdough adventure again.


Here is what I have...
1/2 cup reverse osmosis water, room temperature
1/2 cup Organic King Arthur All-Purpose Flour, room temperature
1 quart size glass jar
Mix. Let sit on counter. Cover with cheesecloth or kitchen towel.

Tomorrow, Day 2....Add to the quart glass jar

2 tbsp of reverse osmosis water
2 tbsp of Organic King Arthur All-Purpose Flour (both room temp). 
Stir. Cover.

Repeat for 4-6 days until sour, bubbly goodness appears. 

I will keep you posted. 







No comments:

Post a Comment