Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hair Spray

A couple of new recipes I am wanting to try....

Grandma's Hairspray

1 T Sugar
1/3 to 1 C hot water
1/2 t oil of choice (I like lemon)


Mix well and pour into spray bottle. Use sparingly at first. Less water for stronger spray. Your hair will really shine. (06/18/2004)



I am trying this one again, but putting the orange in my bullet blender first before boiling.  I hope this works this time!
1 lemon or orange (I am using an orange)
2 cups water
Rubbing alcohol optional
Use a food processor or blender to release all the oils and juice from the flesh of the Lemon or Orange. Use orange if you have dry hair. Place this is a sauce pan (I used stainless steel) and bring to a gentle rolling boil and BOIL IT UNTIL IT REDUCES TO ONE CUP. Cool and strain and place in a spray bottle. Store in the refrigerator and it will last for 2 weeks. OR add one ounce of alcohol as a preservative and then it can be stored for up to 2 weeks unrefrigerated.


I will keep you posted.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews