Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What the heck do I do with that LIVER in the deep freeze??

Answer:
Make healthy dog treats.


Here's how....
Thaw liver
Cut into small pieces.
Dehydrate for 4-6 hours at 155 degrees* (longer time creates a more crispy treat)

Pictures below are of raw meat.  FYI my tender tummy friends.  :-)

















Have you ever read the ingredient list on a bag of dog treats??  Toxic.  I do have a friend that has found some healthy ones though.

I have had beef liver in my deep freeze for a few years now.  Tried to give it away.....no one wanted it.  Then one day when I was reading the ingredients our dogs treat bag, the idea occurred to me...dehydrate the liver in the deep freeze.

It was very easy.  And our Snow is a very happy girl when it is treat time.

*You can use your oven to dehydrate.  If your oven does not go down to 150 degrees, set the oven on the lowest temperature (most ovens that is 170 degrees) and use a wooden spoon to prop the oven door open, which will create an environment close to 150 degrees.

And of course we only buy our beef from Becker's Farms.

Keep living GREEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews