About Me

My photo
My passion it to be healthy. And to teach you how to be healthy. Open your mind and dive in.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Food Storage

Ok.

Everything in my house, that has the numbers on the bottom of 3, 6, 7, or shows no number....is in a large shopping bag.  WOW!!  That a lot of stuff!  What am I going to do with that shopping bag full of bad plastics?....I am not quite sure yet.  :-)

I am cleaning and using spaghetti jars and baby food jars for my storage and even our new "funky" drinking glasses!!

Today, I am heading to Wal-Mart to buy the kids new sippy cups.  Ones that say "No BPA."  Luckily a few of the sippy cups we have are ok, but the majority of them have no numbers and no info etched on the bottom and they are out of here!! 

I also checked the kids plates and some were a number 5, the rest of the plates...bye bye.

Good bye plastics and hello GLASS!!

I am going to email Pyrex to make sure about their storage lids.  Pyrex storage lids are BPA free!!!  YAY!!!

And I am waiting to hear back about Tupperware products too.

FYI...all Thermos products have been BPA free since 2009!!  Good for you Thermos!!!  That's why I LOVE Thermos brand!  Especially their cold beverage bottles, we have 6 in our house!!  This cuts down on plastic bottles and it keeps our drinking cold all day.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment