About Me

My photo
My passion it to be healthy. And to teach you how to be healthy. Open your mind and dive in.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning



I just made a batch of my Homemade Taco Seasoning and thought it would be a good time to blog the recipe.  

I came up with this recipe 1. after learning about MSG and all the other chemicals "they" put into store bought taco seasoning  2. after a few trial and errors of different recipes I found on the internet, I tweaked those recipes a few times and came up with one that we all like.  Please feel free to tweak this recipe and sent me your suggestions.  I am always open to new recipes.  :-)

Homemade Taco Seasoning

1/4 cup chili powder
2 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp paprika
1/2 Tbsp sea salt (Celtic is the best)
1/2 Tbsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix together, store in a glass bowl with tight fitting lid.  I use a small pyrex bowl and it all fits perfectly.  

To make tacos:
Brown 1 pound of grass fed ground beef in a cast iron skillet.  Add 2 Tbsp of Homemade Taco Seasoning to your browned ground beef, mix well.  Then pour in 3/4 cup reverse osmosis water, bring to a low boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until  most of your water has evaporated.

I also use this in my Taco Soup.  Very tasty.

Enjoy!  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment