Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning



I just made a batch of my Homemade Taco Seasoning and thought it would be a good time to blog the recipe.  

I came up with this recipe 1. after learning about MSG and all the other chemicals "they" put into store bought taco seasoning  2. after a few trial and errors of different recipes I found on the internet, I tweaked those recipes a few times and came up with one that we all like.  Please feel free to tweak this recipe and sent me your suggestions.  I am always open to new recipes.  :-)

Homemade Taco Seasoning

1/4 cup chili powder
2 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp paprika
1/2 Tbsp sea salt (Celtic is the best)
1/2 Tbsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix together, store in a glass bowl with tight fitting lid.  I use a small pyrex bowl and it all fits perfectly.  

To make tacos:
Brown 1 pound of grass fed ground beef in a cast iron skillet.  Add 2 Tbsp of Homemade Taco Seasoning to your browned ground beef, mix well.  Then pour in 3/4 cup reverse osmosis water, bring to a low boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until  most of your water has evaporated.

I also use this in my Taco Soup.  Very tasty.

Enjoy!  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews