Thursday, April 28, 2011

Me, My Passion and I

Well, I thought I would update you on what's going on in my life.

I am in love, addicted, obsessed, focused, dream about, think about, research every moment I can about my new love.  My new love is called Kerri's Kakes, which I hope will one day become a successful business for me.  I have dreamed about starting my own business for years. 

I have dreamed about taking a cake decorating class...for years.  I had actually signed up for one years ago.  But the store, won't mention the name, cancelled the class and would not give me and my friend our money back.  Kind of made me mad.  Life spiraled out of control right after that and, well decorating a cake seemed not so important.

So, last month, I took a cake decorating class with 3 friends at Hobby Lobby.  And boy did it open the floodgates for me.  I so love baking already, so now I love to bake and decorate.  (Good Lord am I glad ViSalus is in my life.  Otherwise I would probably gain 100 pounds.)

But my 'bizness' has a different spin.  I want to make cakes, cupcakes, etc with a natural twist.  

By natural twist, I mean I WILL NOT use food coloring to decorate.  I only use colorants that have been made from fruits and vegetables.  Any dairy that goes into my recipes is organic ONLY.  The eggs in my recipes are free-range   My cupcake cups are bleach free and biodegradable.  I really do not want to use any aluminum cake pans.  (Aluminum crosses over to the food and aluminum is gaining itself a direct link to Alzheimer's).  I want glass to be the only cake pan I use.  And I am studying how to make cakes and icing without the gross shortening we are all familiar with.  I want to stay as close to natural in every aspect that I can.  Finally I am studying gluten-free and gluten-free ingredients, organic where I can. 

I am soooo in love with all of this.  I am very passionate about providing an alternative to the desserts we are used to.  I want to break down that scary wall that we all see when someone talks about baking in a healthy manner.  Healthy DOES NOT have to mean gross, flavorless, dry or toss that recipe in the shredded to be recycled later.  Healthy to me means, let's find a way to cook or bake that is better for me and my family. 

There is a lot of controversy about wheat.  I am trying to slowing limit the amount of wheat products that are brought into this house.  Will I get to the point where we are completely wheat-free??  I don't know.  But I do know that there is a food, chemical or something out there that I am allergic to and I am on the hunt to figure out what it is. 

After reading "Eat Right for your Blood Type" my gut feeling tells me that it is wheat.  So, we will see.  I know that it takes awhile to undue everything that I have already done.  So, I pray for patience and strength as I begin this journey.  But boy am I excited about it all!!!  :-)  I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews