Monday, August 23, 2010

Hair Spray

Well....here it goes....I am making my own hairspray as I type.  :-)
Taken from http://planetgreen.discovery.com/fashion-beauty/prom-hair.html

1 orange or lemon (I picked orange because lemon can sometime dry out your hair)
2 cups of boiling water
Strainer
Knife
Coffee filter
1 bottle (I bought a small spray glass bottle from Whole Foods for $2)

Peel and cut the orange or lemon into wedges.  Place into 2 cups of boiling water.  Start your timer and let the orange boil in the water for 8 minutes.  You want to stop when you have 1 cup of water left in the pan.  Allow liquid to cool in pan and then strain in a colander first and then again in a colander lined with a coffee filter, allowing it to drip into a bowl. 

Carefully pour into your spray bottle of choice.

You have to store this hair spray in the refrigerator, which is kind of funny.  It will last 1 week in the refrigerator.  To make it last 2 weeks add 1 tbsp of rubbing alcohol. 

My house smells wonderful.  Yum!

Check back later to see how it works on my frizzy hair.  :-)

Ok, so this recipe seems to be a "light hold" hair spray.  I have to do more research for my curls.  I have always had to buy the "extra hold" hairsprays.  I will post when I find more info.  :-)

**Sad to say...I gave up and now I buy my hairspray from Whole Foods.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews