About Me

My photo
My passion it to be healthy. And to teach you how to be healthy. Open your mind and dive in.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Hair Spray

Well....here it goes....I am making my own hairspray as I type.  :-)
Taken from http://planetgreen.discovery.com/fashion-beauty/prom-hair.html

1 orange or lemon (I picked orange because lemon can sometime dry out your hair)
2 cups of boiling water
Strainer
Knife
Coffee filter
1 bottle (I bought a small spray glass bottle from Whole Foods for $2)

Peel and cut the orange or lemon into wedges.  Place into 2 cups of boiling water.  Start your timer and let the orange boil in the water for 8 minutes.  You want to stop when you have 1 cup of water left in the pan.  Allow liquid to cool in pan and then strain in a colander first and then again in a colander lined with a coffee filter, allowing it to drip into a bowl. 

Carefully pour into your spray bottle of choice.

You have to store this hair spray in the refrigerator, which is kind of funny.  It will last 1 week in the refrigerator.  To make it last 2 weeks add 1 tbsp of rubbing alcohol. 

My house smells wonderful.  Yum!

Check back later to see how it works on my frizzy hair.  :-)

Ok, so this recipe seems to be a "light hold" hair spray.  I have to do more research for my curls.  I have always had to buy the "extra hold" hairsprays.  I will post when I find more info.  :-)

**Sad to say...I gave up and now I buy my hairspray from Whole Foods.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment